Skip to main content

Morgan Kendrick, Order of the Silver Tyger.

For This text I really didn't have much to go off, so I consulted with Lord Edmund Beneyt to try and find some reasonable words. My notes were fairly minimal, the fighter didn't have an EKWiki (Please, for all the favor of the gods, make an EKWiki!). I reached out to some locals to him.
“At the time was Morgan was inducted into the order of Silver Tyger, he was authorized in Polearm, Great sword, Spear and Weapon and Shield. This last Pennsic,  Morgan, along with his brothers from House Silverkeep held the right flank for the Southern Army on the last day of battle, wreaking havoc on the siege weapons of the Middle. He has been a fighter in the East Kingdom for the many years, first as a Fencer, then as a heavy list fighter. He is squired to Master Ivan Valfrekr.” ~Wulfgar O’ the Woods

So basically, long weapons, lots of death, grim reaper. got it.
Here is the scroll text.

 
Pay heed those warriors of the Mighty Blue Tyger!

For We, Wilhelm and Vienna, König and Königin of the East, have heard whispers on the southern wind. 

Yet these whispers have grown to a cacophony! The wailing and lamentation of our enemies, A song most sweet.

The song continued, for above them stood Morgan Kendrick. His polearm, the very embodiment of Death's scythe. It sang as He claimed foe after foe; The prowess and ferocity of a true Tyger.

For this We would see him inducted into the Order of the Silver Tyger and present him with Arms to bear as his alone; (blazoning space),

Done this day October 20th, Anno Societatis LIII at Shire Wars VIII in the Shire of Owlsherst.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to approach a Laurel.

First off, it should be known, I am not a Laurel. Nor will I be for many years. That being said, I am now a student under a laurel! I am a huge fan of finding mentors, having a good group of mentors supporting you in different aspects of your life what I think is the best way to become generally good. In general, I'm new in the SCA. My first contact was at Portcon 2017 , and my first event was GNEW 2017 . So I'm going into my second year. I plan on going to Pennsic this year and in the last 6 months, I've gotten really into the SCA. So now that I'm pretty invested, I felt it time to start looking for my mentors. I generally want to find multiple people to befriend and learn from, I agree with the idea that you are the sum of the people you spend the most time with. I've never been an "all my eggs in one basket" kind of fellow. So let us list what kind of endeavors I'll be looking for mentors. Archery Rapier Arts & Science (I still don't kn

You can't destroy the metal

No one can destroy the metal. You can only continue to melt it. I got the opportunity to try my hand at some pewter casting! This post will be scheduled for after the event to maintain the surprise. My friend  Solveig Bjarnardottir  ( Her Blog ) had agreed to do site tokens for Mirmir's Well  in Shire of Mountain Freehold . They needed 80 tokens. Solveig and  AegirBalref  had made a Silicon mold for this token (among many other molds) and I had asked for the experience in casting! As Solveig said, "we're truly practicing creative anachronism. We're blending modern and period techniques for our craft". Solveig spent some time showing me the equipment, safety gear, and how to do the work before I set off. I ended up casting 69 tokens from hundreds of attempts (I figured out the pouring and tweaks by the end...). I really enjoyed learning the process and getting to see the fruits of my labor. Pewter casting is actually pretty easy to get into! Amazon has